Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hectic Times

Well, this week has been busy to say the least. One of my students moved out of state leaving me with one (not for very long though, no worries), and the other one moved and may or may not be picked up by the bus on Monday. The other elementary Lifeskills Deaf teacher and I have worked out a co-teaching agreement until my numbers increase. That will be interesting...she has two of my students that I had the past three years plus two more. It will be good for the one using PECS, though, because she hasn't been trained, so I can work with him to make-up anything he forgot over the summer. And, my one student is learning how to use a Go-Talk because of some bone issues that cause him to feel uncomfortable signing, so that will be a good pair. It won't be too long until I have ARDs for 3-4 more students (starting in September) which includes another student with AU. The main thing I am looking forward to investigating the first couple weeks is MEville to WEville. The state school for the Deaf uses it with their Lifeskills program, and we have one set, so I am very curious hopeful to see how this goes.

MGZMCVR36ZUP

No comments:

Post a Comment